As a member of the health care team, you will encourage, support, and promote independence for patients in home and community care settings by assisting with daily living activities under the supervision of our Personal Support Manager.
We are expanding our presence throughout Ontario and need energetic, dedicated Community Support Workers (CSWs) to assist us in providing patient and Family-centered care in GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
We are looking for employees for a variety of shifts, including days, afternoons, and evenings. We are currently hiring Home Support Workers (HSWs) By joining Sijison Home Healthcare you will be part of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies and a committed member of a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals. And, we can’t do it without caring, capable and qualified people, like you.
* A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are required.
YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
Being a Home Support Worker is a rewarding career in which you will be able to build meaningful relationships with patients and their families and make a real difference in their lives. In this role, you will assist patients with their basic personal care and help them manage day-to-day living activities so that they can continue living at home while giving care givers and family members respite from the demands of caring for aging parents or loved ones. As a SHHC – HSW, you will provide our patients with the best possible care and support.
- Provide basic personal care for medically stable patients under the direction of a Home Support Supervisor
- Assist patients with activities of daily living such as bedside and personal care
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist with bathing, dressing, toileting, and skin care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Perform basic meal preparation and assist in feeding and serving nutritious meals
- Light housekeeping duties such as washing dishes, taking out the garbage
- Launder and mend clothing and, household linens
- Sweeping and vacuuming within the patient’s immediate living area may be required
- Provide companionship
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Supportive Care Worker Certificate, Health Care Aide Certificate or completion of Term 1 of a PSW program
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Police Check and TB Test as a condition of employment
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Mandatory COVID 19 Vaccination
- A valid driver’s license as well as a vehicle
- Effective English communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to interact with others in a caring, tactful and courteous manner
Sijison Home Healthcare promotes and facilitates employee immunization as needed in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, provide safe care to patients, and fulfil its commitment to evidence-based health promotion. Sijison has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19 in accordance with Public Health and Government directives. Sijison will require all employees to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by Sijison and mandated by public health authorities. At this time, all new Sijison employees must demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.