As a member of the health care team, you will encourage, support, and promote independence for patients in home and community care settings by assisting with daily living activities under the supervision of our Personal Support Manager.
We are expanding our presence throughout Ontario and need energetic, dedicated Community Support Workers (CSWs) to assist us in providing patient and Family-centered care in GTA (GreaterToronto Area)
We are looking for employees for a variety of shifts, including days, afternoons, and evenings.
* A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are required.
YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
- Assisting with daily living activities such as personal care to promote client comfort and safety (rise and retire), household tasks, respite care, medication assistance, and special functions
- Provides clients with assistance in their activities of daily living, including but not limited to: eating, dressing, transferring, hygiene, grooming, and bathing as per the clients’ plan of care.
- Promoting a safe environment through proper body mechanics, safe transfer techniques, and home safety
- Giving the patient cognitive, social, and/or emotional support
- Using proper food preparation, storage, and hygiene practices, prepare nutritious, varied, and cost-effective meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan.
- Performs light housekeeping duties and helps with supply and inventory management
- Works collaboratively within an inter-professional team.
- Documents care in our electronic health record
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Wages, Incentives and Perks
- Wages should just be according to the experience
Personal and Professional Assistance:
- Flexible hours and a variety of assignments to accommodate your hectic schedule
- Considerate scheduling by location, while respecting your time
- Possibilities for ongoing education and training
YOU SHOULD BRING:
- At least 3 years of experience working in facilities or in community settings
- Experience working with Hoyer lift
- A valid certificate or diploma as a Personal Support Worker
- A strong desire and commitment to making a difference in our patients’ lives
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Availability to work unconventional hours, such as early mornings, evenings, and alternate weekends
- Record of current immunizations (within last 12 months)
- Mandatory COVID 19 Vaccination
- A valid driver’s license as well as a vehicle
- Screening for vulnerable sectors is currently in place.
- Completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) required
Sijison Home Healthcare promotes and facilitates employee immunization as needed in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, provide safe care to patients, and fulfil its commitment to evidence-based health promotion. Sijison has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19 in accordance with Public Health and Government directives. Sijison will require all employees to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by Sijison and mandated by public health authorities. At this time, all new Sijison employees must demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.